The 18th Annual Portage Environmental Conservation Awards Dinner will take place Saturday, April 30, and will feature a reception with music, hors d’oeuvres featuring local foods, a buffet dinner, silent auction, and more. The 2016 Portage County Environmental Conservation Award Winners to be honored at the event include:
- John Gwinn—Stewardship
- Fran Teresi—Environmental Education
- The Socially Responsible Sweat Shop—Green Enterprise
- Kent State University/University Architect—Green Building/Development
- Portage Area Regional Transportation Authority—Green Building/Development
- Charles and Marilyn Beckwith—Lifetime Achievement
- Honor Roll for Land Conservation—Donald and Adriann Sampson; and Randy Bradley
Fundraising proceeds will benefit the Portage Park District Foundation, whose mission is to support the Park District’s critical work of conserving Portage County’s natural heritage.
The dinner will be held April 30 at the Kent American Legion, 1945 Mogadore Road from 5:30 to 9 p.m. Register to attend or support the dinner by clicking here.
It looks like you enjoyed this post! Want more positive local news?