The 19th Annual Portage County Environmental Conservation Awards Dinner will take place Saturday May 6th and will feature a reception with music, hors d’oeuvres featuring local foods, a buffet dinner, silent auction, and more.
The 2017 Portage County Environmental Conservation Award Winners to be honored at the event include:
- Dennis Taylor—Environmental Education
Education with Passion
- Larry & Becky Thomas—Environmental Activism
Faithful Leadership of our Trail Walkers
- Bob Downing—Environmental Advocacy
Promoting Local Parks and Nature
- Child Development Center at Kent State University—Stewardship
Stewarding Future Environmentalists
- Matt Herbruck/Birdsong Farm—Green Business
Sustainable, Organic Farming
- DS Architecture—Green Building/Development
Innovative Architecture and Community Service
- Steve Zabor—Lifetime Achievement
Enriching the Community through Leadership and Service
- Honor Roll for Land Conservation
Gressard Family Trust—Streetsboro
Consider becoming a dinner sponsor or donate a silent auction item!
Fundraising proceeds will benefit the Portage Park District Foundation, whose mission is to support the Park District’s critical work of conserving Portage County’s natural heritage.
The dinner will be held May 6th at the Kent American Legion, 1945 Mogadore Road from 5:30 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. Register to attend or support the dinner by visiting: Portage Park District.
It looks like you enjoyed this post! Want more positive local news?