The Portage Park District Foundation is set for largest attendance event to date at the Portage County Environmental Conservation Awards Dinner.
The 20th Annual Portage County Environmental Conservation Awards Dinner will feature a reception with live music, hors d’oeuvres featuring local foods, a silent auction, a buffet dinner and more.
Dinner awardees are honored for their contributions to Portage County’s environment through education, green business, green development, stewardship or environmental activism.
- Saturday, April 28th
- Networking begins at 5:30 p.m.
- Dinner served at 7:00 p.m.
- Award Presentations begin at 8:00 p.m. (*best time to attend 7:30 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.)
Kent American Legion Hall
1945 Mogadore Rd.
Kent, OH 44240
The 2018 Portage County Environmental Conservation Award Winners to be honored at the event include:
- Wick Poetry Center at Kent State University – Environmental Education
- Ted and Swanny Voneida – Environmental Activism
- Lynn Gregor – Environmental Stewardship
- Portage County Beekeepers – Environmental Stewardship
- Mantaline Corporation – Green Business
- Kent Natural Foods – Green Building/Development
- Helen Gregory – Lifetime Achievement
- David Dix – Lifetime Achievement
Honor Roll for Land Conservation
- Jerry and Jenn Vydra – Edinburg Township
- Walt Carrington – Palmyra Township
Kent Environmental Council Edith Chase Award for Conservation
- Christine Craycroft
For more information visit Portage Park District
It looks like you enjoyed this post! Want more positive local news?