The 20th Annual Portage County Environmental Conservation Awards Dinner will take place Saturday, April 28th from 5:30 p.m. – 9:00 p.m. at the Kent American Legion Hall, 1945 Mogadore Road and will feature a reception with live music, hors d’oeuvres featuring local foods, a silent auction, a buffet dinner and more. The committee is still accepting sponsorships and donations of auction items for the event. To register for the event, visit Portage Park District.
The 2018 Portage County Environmental Conservation Award Winners to be honored at the event include:
- Wick Poetry Center at Kent State University – Environmental Education
- Ted and Swanny Voneida – Environmental Activism
- Lynn Gregor – Environmental Stewardship
- Portage County Beekeepers – Environmental Stewardship
- Mantaline Corporation – Green Business
- Kent Natural Foods – Green Building/Development
- Helen Gregory – Lifetime Achievement
- David Dix – Lifetime Achievement
- Honor Roll for Land Conservation
- Jerry and Jenn Vydra – Edinburg Township
- Walt Carrington – Palmyra Township
- Kent Environmental Council Edith Chase Award for Conservation
- Christine Craycroft
Fundraising proceeds will benefit the Portage Park District Foundation’s mission to support Portage Park District in their effort to conserve Portage County’s natural heritage.
Call the Portage Park District Foundation at (330) 678-9127 for more information.
It looks like you enjoyed this post! Want more positive local news?