This school year the Crestwood District began using Google Apps for Education and is a “Google District.” The technology department has been hard at work ensuring a smooth transition and we are continuing to add applications for our teachers and students to use.
Why did we switch to Google Apps?
- Google apps allow us to provide our teachers with unlimited storage space for free. In any other situation the cost to provide unlimited data storage is prohibitive.
- By using Google, students and teachers have access to documents anywhere they have Internet access including word processing, spreadsheets, presentations, web sites, calendars and more.
- Offers security features that allow us to keep our data safe.
- Allows for document sharing among teachers and students giving them greater opportunities to collaborate.
- Alleviates internal technology department from tasks in maintaining data storage and securing data.
- With all teachers and students having access to digital content we are able to reduce paper costs.
Google is adding applications all the time that will allow our teachers and students to be more productive and collaborative. In addition to using the Google Apps we will be adding Chromebook labs throughout the district, which will increase our students’ access to technology. We are excited about the opportunities that using Google apps brings to our school.