It’s the time of year when pumpkin lovers rejoice! Fall is in the air and pumpkin is on the menu! Check out these super tasting Pumpkin Pecan Bites!
This recipe is courtesy of Taste of Home
- 1 package spice cake mix (regular size)
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 36 pecan halves, cut in half
Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3-3/4 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 2 to 3 tablespoons milk
- Ground cinnamon
In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, pumpkin, eggs, oil, cinnamon, baking soda and cloves; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes.
Fill paper-lined miniature muffin cups two-thirds full. Press a pecan piece into each. Bake at 350° for 17-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
In a small bowl, cream the butter, cream cheese and vanilla until light and fluffy. Gradually add confectioners’ sugar and mix well. Add enough milk to achieve spreading consistency. Frost cupcakes. Sprinkle with cinnamon.
Yield: about 6 dozen.