Who doesn’t love these little potato dumplings? Gnocchi adds great flavor and texture to any dish, but it’s particularly tasty in this recipe. Easy to make, and something the whole family will enjoy, check it out!
This Recipe is courtesy of Food Network.
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- One 8-ounce piece deli ham, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- One 17.5-ounce package potato gnocchi
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup shredded Swiss or Gruyere cheese
Preheat the broiler to high heat.
Melt the butter in a large ovenproof skillet over medium heat. Add the onions and cook until softened, about 3 minutes. Add the ham and thyme and continue to cook until the ham is lightly browned.
Add the chicken broth and 3/4 cup water and bring to a simmer. Add the gnocchi, stir well, cover and cook until the gnocchi is slightly tender, about 5 minutes. Remove from the heat. Uncover and stir in the peas, cream, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Sprinkle the cheese over the top and broil until golden and bubbly, about 3 minutes. Serve.