Mushrooms are flavorful veggies, and are incredible tasty when stuffed with various ingredients. This recipe puts a spin on traditionally stuffed mushrooms by adding some spice with buffalo sauce.
This recipe is courtesy of Food Network.
- 3 10 -ounce packages white mushrooms
- 4 slices bacon, finely chopped
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, finely chopped
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cups panko breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup Buffalo hot sauce
- 1/3 cup crumbled blue cheese (about 1 1/2 ounces)
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Remove the stems from the mushrooms and coarsely chop; set aside. Cook the bacon in a large skillet over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until slightly crisp, about 6 minutes. Add the chopped mushroom stems, celery, carrot, scallions and thyme and cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables soften, about 2 minutes.
Add the butter and let melt, then add the panko, parsley and parmesan; continue to cook, stirring, until the panko is slightly golden, about 2 minutes. Stir in the hot sauce until combined. Remove from the heat and let cool slightly.
Arrange the mushroom caps on a rimmed baking sheet. Fill each with about 1/2 teaspoon blue cheese, then mound the panko mixture on top. Bake until golden, about 15 minutes. Turn on the broiler; broil until the tops are crisp, 1 to 2 minutes.