Portage Park District launched its fall program calendar this week with a variety of programs and workshops for all ages and ability levels. Programs include pond exploration, pollinators, Park Rx, geocaching, nature for families, group hikes and more. Park patrons can get a copy of the fall schedule in a park kiosk, at the park office or view the schedule on our website. Programs are free to attend, and registration for programs is encouraged, so information can be sent out prior to the event or in case of inclement weather.
Some upcoming programs include:
- Geocaching 101 – Sunday, September 15th, 2:00 p.m., PORTAGE Hike and Bike Trail, Cleveland Rd. Trailhead
- Pollinator Workshop – Tuesday, September 17th, 6:00 p.m., Dix Park
- Park Rx – “Meet the Fats”, Wednesday, September 18th, 5:30 p.m., UH Portage Medical Center, Medical Arts Building
- iNaturalist Workshop – Wednesday, September 18, 6:30 p.m., Towner’s Woods
- Nature for families – Summer Salute – Sunday, September 22nd, 2:00 p.m., Morgan Park
For more information, visit Portage Park District or call (330) 297-7728. The Portage Park District’s mission is to conserve Portage County’s natural heritage and provide opportunities for its appreciation and enjoyment.