These baked beans are yum! Yum! I love summer and fall; it is the best time to fire up our barbecue and cook up our favorite hamburgers and brats. David’s baked beans have a delicious flavor that go perfectly with both these meats and many others like chicken, ribs, and steak. Serve up your favorite potato, fruit, and veggies for that perfect family fall meal!
- 1 pound of ground beef
- ½ pound of bacon (you can use cooked chopped up ham) I prefer thick bacon
- 4 (16 ounce) cans baked beans with pork
- 1 (4 ounce) can canned of chopped green Chile peppers
- 1 small Vidalia onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup of barbeque sauce (your favorite brand)
- ½ cup of brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon of garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon of chili powder
In a skillet over medium heat, brown the ground beef, drain of excess fat, and set aside.
Fry up the ½ pound of bacon, drain, and set aside.
In a 3 ½ quart or larger slow cooker, combine the ground beef, bacon, baked beans, green chilies, onion and barbeque sauce.
Add in your brown sugar, garlic powder, and chili powder.
Cook on high for 2 hours or on low for about 4 to 5 hours.
You can also place these ingredients into a large baking dish or aluminum pan and bake for about 1 hour at 350 degrees.
Special thanks to my son-in-law David for this amazing recipe!